Collagen peptides, also known as Pep-tan or hydrolysed collagen, is a hydrolysed form of collagen. Pep-tan is produced by a carefully controlled enzymatic hydrolysis, producing much smaller and easily digestible collagen peptides.
Consuming hydrolysed collagen allows your body to maximize the benefits that collagen has to offer. Pep-tan is derived from 100% natural sources and is free from any side-effects. These bio-active peptides contain more than 97% protein (on a dry weight basis).
Your body contains collagen:
- 90% of the sciera (white part of the eye)
- 80% of tendons
- 70 – 80% of the skin
- 60% of cartilage
- 30% of bones
- 1 – 10% of muscle mass
Reasons for decreasing collagen:
- UV radiation decreases collagen production.
- Vitamin C deficiencies decreases collagen production, since Vitamin C is required for the proper formation of collagen.
- Smoking decreases collagen production.
- Stress and lack of sleep decrease collagen production.
- High blood sugar and diabetes decrease bone quality.
BMB Collagen is available online – give your body the help it requires and deserves….